Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Horse Mackerel

Phew!  What a week.  If you are anything like me, these past few days (and weeks!) have flown by.  Christmas programs, shopping, decorating, traveling, year-end work stuff, etc., etc.  All those things can really bog you down and make you wonder where the day went.  I'm feeling that way.  I've vowed to not let life drag me along, but I failed miserably this week.

As far as the FitGirls food plan, I'm following that fairly well (a Christmas party and some business lunches) and I'm enjoying the food.  I'm starting to get the hang of the recipes and so I'm lesser annoyed at the food prepping part.  Notice I said "lesser"; it still annoys me - just not to "no end".  :)

Exercising has been the real challenge.  I told myself last week that I was going to let my body heal one more week before I started in on the exercise portion of FG.  However, yesterday and today I did not go.  I had the opportunity tonight, but I chose to play Animal Crossing on the Wii (it's my go-to game to relax).  It was my first night in a while that I didn't have work-work that I needed to do and my brain checked out.  So did my body.  I need to work on that.  I'm sure the gym would have made me feel better than catching a horse mackerel and selling it to Tom Nook.

Weight-wise, I'm down about 12 pounds since I started the blog.  So, that's a victory!  However, I'm still chronically weighing; yes, I'm trying not to.  It's like it calls me name.  Precious (in the Gollum voice) - come here, my precious.  My scale and I are in a love-hate relationship; well, mostly a hate-hate relationship.

I want to send a special "Happy Birthday" to the inspiration for my blog.  She started the year posting her workout updates and weight-loss strategies by using the #fitbyforty.  I'm proud of her accomplishments and I know she's going to be a Fabulous Forty chic.  I'm encouraged by her hard work and her candor and I'm thankful she's my Friend.

It's less than 10 days until Christmas.  Let that sink in.  I can't believe it's here already.  I pray that you have some time to enjoy Family and Friends and celebrate Christ's birth.  Thanks for hanging with me and I look forward to chatting with you next week.

Here's a parting thought...
 We've got this!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment