Monday, December 7, 2015

There's Spinach in That???

Hi, Friends!  I hope you've had a good week.  Mine was good; I mentioned last week that I was going to be out of commission for a few days due to a medical procedure.  I'm happy to say that it went well and I'm on the mend. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.  On to Fabulousness...

Well, last we chatted, I mentioned that I was going to start a challenge with the almost adult called the "Fitkini Challenge" through FitGirls.  Our first week (last week) was the pre-challenge "Detox."  The basic premise is to introduce you to meal prepping and clean eating (which I do not do well).  I have to say that, while I did not stick to it 100%, I did fare much better than I expected.  And, to top it all off, I drank spinach.  Yep, sure did.  My drink was green and it was thick and I liked it - I really liked it.  It was hard to gauge energy levels as I was in bed a couple of days; however, I do feel really good (and it's Monday!!!).  Here's a peek at one of my "spinach drinks" from last week.


So, today started the full-on "Fitkini Challenge."  Actually, it pretty much started yesterday as there was a lot of meal prep to be done.  Meal prep.  I hope I learn to love meal prepping.  I'm sure I will (dripping in sarcasm).  The almost adult and I did it together which was nice bonding time; however, I could think of a lot of other things we could have been bonding over besides cooking.  Alas, we prepared our lunches for this week and we both lived to see another day.  No, I don't know where she gets her strong personality...maybe it's her Fabulous genes!!  Here's a pic of our "prepped" meals.


So far, I've had sweet potatoes and lots of veggies and some very awesome little peanut butter/oat bites.  By day 3, though, I'm not sure how great steak and sweet potatoes are going to sound (luckily it alternates).

The exercise portion would not have been terrible (ok, maybe it would have been) had I not just been out for a bit; so, I had to modify it.  I'm hoping that in the next week or so, I'll be able to hit it full force.  That's when the real fun will be had.

Anyway, I hope you have a great week.  I'm excited to share how my first full week of "Fitkini" goes with you next week.  I continue to hear from some of you that you are getting back to the gym or watching what you eat.  I'm so excited to hear that!  It encourages me!  Please keep that feedback coming.

Here's to working towards being Fabulous by 40!



No comments:

Post a Comment