Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Candy Jar...

The first week is in the books on my challenge to get Fabulous for my Forties. I've had some triumphs this week and some not-so-bright spots.  I have to remember this is a journey; and, I'm happy to have you along with me.

So, let's start out with a triumph. The candy jar.  The beloved candy jar that calls my name around 2:30pm in the afternoon.  Sometimes it's a fruity craving; sometimes it's chocolate.  Sometimes it just doesn't matter as stress takes over and I need to eat something.  This week, I challenged myself to stay out the candy jar.  It is full and there are reserves waiting when it starts to empty.  Dang the person who filled it (me)!!!  I am happy to report, though, that I made it all week without touching it (yay!).  Now the Halloween candy at home is another story for another time. Whomp-whomp!

I did make it to the gym twice, but had a tummy bug to contend with later in the week that prevented me from going any more.  I'll work on that this week.  My eating was so-so (I avoided a chocolate chip cookie from Subway so I didn't have to blog about it) but still not fantastic. Azzip Pizza on Friday was delicious, but I also ate the zip sticks too and that was just uncalled for.

All-in-all, I know I'm not going to make fabulous choices all the time and this is a slow process.  Happily, I'm down 4 pounds.  So, this week, I resolve to (on-top of staying out of the lustful office candy jar) 1. hit the gym at least 3 times this week; 2. drink more water each day (diet Mt. Dew anyone?); and, 3. have a mid-week blog update to help keep me accountable (and so you don't forget about me!). 

Feel free to let me know about your journey too!
See you mid-week.



"Never let a stumble in the road be an end of the journey." ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment