Sunday, November 22, 2015

Tic Tac Paddy Whack...

Well, I'm at the end of week two of getting Fabulous before Forty.  It's been a week of challenges; some to which I've arisen - some-not so-much.  The leader in me tells me to start with the positive, so that's what I'll do.

Defeating the gym excuses.  I am not, by nature, a gym lover.  I feel Fantastic (Fabulous!) after I've gone, but getting there is more than half the battle.  I don't loathe it; but, I certainly don't love it.  You saw on my FB page earlier this week that I had to battle my brain and my body to go to the gym on Monday.  I went; but, only because I knew I had to tell you if I didn't.  The blog is certainly holding me accountable for the most part.  I made a goal to get to the gym more than the two times I had the week before.  I'm proud to say I went THREE times and worked out at home once - yes!

Ok, now for the not-so-positive.  I started out the week losing another couple of pounds (hey wait a minute - why is that in the negative section?!?!?!?).  I ended the week up .5 pounds (oh).  I know that weight should not be the sole measure of success.  I'm "working out" and couple that with hormones, I shouldn't be fixated on the scale.  But, I am.  I will work on this and start incorporating inches in my blog so that I can help myself take the focus off just what I weigh.  It's innate, though and will be a work in progress.

I am happy to say that I got a chance to work on another couple of areas - Friends and Family.  I had an impromptu coffee date with two of my best good friends yesterday.  It was cold and windy and getting dark and I was snuggled on the couch under my covers.  But I went and I love these two women dearly.  I enjoyed the Fellowship (and the homemade pumpkin bread - darn you half pound!).  We also enjoyed a Family game night where the about-to-be-an-adult was even here.  It was the best Saturday night I've had in quite a while.  I am blessed.  Also, I have two Friends who live north and south of me who kept me laughing all week long with not-safe-for-my-blog texts. If you don't have a "Few Good Friends" (you can't handle the truth!) that you can just be you with, I encourage you to start looking.

My eating was so-so, but I stayed out the candy jar again.  Then, this happened:

Yeah, so I might have eaten 200 grape Tic Tac's in less than 48 hours. Remember - work in progress.

This week is Thanksgiving, so I'm not going to make crazy, unattainable goals.  My goals this week are to go to the gym at least three times, drink more water (getting there) and to not eat two pieces of pumpkin pie. I think that given the holiday, these goals are realistic (except the pumpkin pie - worried about that one).  Happy Thanksgiving and blesses to you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment